What do you say to a mage that tells you he can't CC a beast...
When a tank BoP's you becuase you were kiting a mob and he says it was to many taunts on him so learn to play your class....
What is CC?
Crowd Control (abbreviated CC) refers to spells and abilities which limit an opponent's ability to fight. CC abilities are used to reduce the number of mobs that the group fight at once. Due to the fact that most groups cannot tank more than a certain number of elite mobs at a time, crowd control is often essential to prevent a group from being overwhelmed. For a guide on how to effectively use CC in instances, see the Instance grouping guide for a crowd controller. (source)
- Hibernate- works on Beasts and Dragonkin.
- Cyclone - 6 seconds only but unable to attack or be healed while banished.
- Roots- Snare effect works great on melee mobs.
DK - (No major source of stable CC) excellent kiters.
- Chains of Ice - 95% reduction speed.
- Death Grip - pulls mob to DK.
- Traps- used with launcher or placed at feet and distracting shot.
- Wyvern Sting (surv hunter only)- sleep target for 12 seconds.
- Kite- Probably still best class in game to kite a target. Use of traps, wing clip and aspect makes hunters excellent for all your kiting needs. Hunters can also slow by use of Concusive shot as well.
- Turn evil - fear on Undead only.
- Repentance - sap like for Undead, Dragonkin, Humanoid, Demon and Giant.
- Hammer of Justice - short term long CD 6 second stun.
- Hex - solid sheep like frog. Lasts 30 seconds and works on humans and beasts.
- Sap- used before combat, Human, Dragonkin, Beast and Demon.
- Blind - disorients target for 10 seconds.
- Various other slows and intrupts.
- Polymorph - Humans and Beasts only. Turns target into sheep (turtle, cat or w/e) for 50seconds. Breaks with damage.
- Frost Nova - snare that locks mobs in place for 8 seconds.
- Mind Control - Humans only.
- Shackle Undead - only works on undead and breaks on damage.
- Pysic Scream and Horror - Fear and if talented will make the target tremble in fear and drop weapon.
- Intimidating Shout - 8 Second fear on up to 5 targets
- Hamstring and Piercing Howl - stun and slow targets.
- Seduction - Only with succubus out and last 15 seconds on humans
- Banish - Demon or Elemental will be immune to attacking for 30 seconds.
- Fear Kite - by placing curses on a mob will cause the mob to ping pong back and forth.
- Enslave Demon - Controls Demon for up to 5 minutes.
So far in Cataclysm we have a ton of Elementals and Dragonkin -