Sunday, March 27, 2011

Scam alert!

Please read this, I know most forum readers and blog readers are a step a head of the average wow player, the normal guy who just wants to log on and do dailies...etc.

I came across this the other day, I was tired and wasn't paying attention like I should, I clicked on the link and had an odd feeling hit me...it was the old armory page. It immediately asked for a user name and password. Yes I know, most will say if you provide this you are an idiot...most will say, I would never do that but all it takes is one person, tired or drunk or on pain meds to do this and your account is hacked.

No I didn't get hacked nor did I give info but I just did a wow armory search and it pop'd up again. I don't want this to happen to anyone.

After I post this, I'm reporting this to Blizz, I suggest you all do the same. Here is the front page of the SCAM site...

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK and PROVIDE any info.....I AM ADVISING YOU ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM THE BELOW SITE

http://us.wowermory.org/us/      <------DO NOT CLICK OR GIVE INFO

EVEN THE SITE ADDRESS IS VERY SIMILAR

No comments:

Post a Comment