4.0.3 is out!
I logged on today for the first time in about a week. I've been sick and my guild has decided to stop raiding til Cata.
The pre cata event has started and its much better than the pre wrath event, at lease IMO. No everyone is getting turned into a zombie and infecting the city. That was PITA towards the end. Now Blizz is just kind of forcing us to fight this invasion by removing mail boxes, bankers, vendors...etc. I can see as the gear is gobbled up (see what I did there, turkey day is coming soon lol) no one will do this invasion event any longer. I guess we will see.
Here is a loot list and more description on the bosses.
I logged on to Chasey and decided to try this out, beside I want to hit JP cap pre cata if I can. I started with the very pretty Crown Princess Theradras, she is beautiful isn't she folks? I had a DPS/Threat set on and still have about 52k and roughly 99% unhittable in this set up. I died! I used every cooldown I had and I still died, so this says a few things, I can't solo this boss and the healer was pretty bad. Why do I say such a thing?
I jumped on Khasey, my newly crowned DK80 and I tanked her with out issue. Yes I know the fight but that really means nothing on this boss, I have 32k buffed HP and I lived...LOL
I did however get [Reins of the Blue Drake]I have always wanted that mount.
Vengeance is bad
I'm not really in love with this mechanic. If you aren't getting hit you aren't generating threat like you need to in a raid environment. I' a pretty decent tank...I THINK... but we were doing HLDW and having a taunt immune boss, you need to use every trick in the book to get threat back and if you aren't getting hit you don't have damage output to grab it back. I went for a ton of the fight w/o aggro on her and until she hit me we had DPS jumping ahead of me alot of the fight. I've seen a few other instances of Vengeance not really allowing you to get a good aggro lead. I can see a few misses by the boss on you at the start of a fight cause you to struggle to hold aggro for a while.
Pally threat is OP
We did Hsauerfang last week and my GL and DK tank was tanking this with me. It was really tough to tank for the simple fact I was generating soooooo much threat I had to stop attacking completely. No attacks at all. He outgears me and is really a good tank too. As far as DK's go I haven't seen many better. We wiped once due to the aggro I drew. Yes I said sorry and tried harder to not attack.
A good guide
I found a really good guide on the instance from Cata and a few great tips to level fast. I thought I'd share this with you all.
Here it is! With a few tips to boot, I got this site/info from Maintankadin.com but I really can't find the thread any longer, I'd link it but I can't find it so sorry. I'm not stealing info only sharing :D
• Crank Up the AC – Warm, stuffy environments accelerate mental fatigue.
• Cold Water – Splash some on your face and the pulse area of your wrists. Drinking an ice-cold glass of water can also help to wake you up.
• Chew Sugar-Free Peppermint Gum – It won’t rot your teeth and it will generate just enough physical activity to keep you awake. Strong peppermint flavors seem to work best.
• Turn On All the Lights – Darkness promotes sleepiness. Turn on every light in the room.
• Pull Down on Your Earlobes – This may sound strange, but pulling down on your earlobes can help you stay awake and alert when you’re feeling drowsy. Just try it.
• Nutritious Low Carb Snacks – Low carb fruits such as raspberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruits are great energy boosters. Heaping scoops of spicy salsa on a few small crackers is another goodie. Stay away from meats, breads and dairy products.
• Read up on all dungeon tactics.
If I don't post before, everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.